Thursday, July 27, 2006

one million. one at a time.

Commemorating One Million Calls for Help

RAINN is one of my favorite charitable organizations. They have taken one million calls in the 12 years they've been operating, and soon they will be launching a national Online Hotline. My family has been supporting them ever since Toad the Wet Sprocket did a benefit show for them back at the very beginning (Santa Barbara Polo Grounds, woot!)

I'm sad that there are so many victims of violence and sexual assualt. I'm sad that so many people never get the help they need. I'm glad RAINN is there to provide that vital support that can make a difference to someone who has been victimized. Keep up the great work Scott and the thousands of staff and volunteers who have helped to answer those one million calls. We're sorry that we need you, but glad you are there.

1 comment:

Anandi said...

Woot! I didn't remember that the Toad show in SB was a benefit for RAINN. I know Tori Amos supports them as well.

Woot to seeing Toad again this year, 14 years after we saw them at U of Redlands!